The School Day and Notices
The school day begins at 8.45 am – 8.50 am and finishes at 3.20pm. That is 6.5 hours a day and 32.5 hours a week.
Gates open at 8.40am. Reception and Key Stage 1 children will be met on the playground by a member of class staff. Key Stage Two children will be able to make their own way inside from 8.45am and a member of the Senior Leadership Team will be on the playground.
Lunch times from January 2023
- 11.45 am-1.00 pm Reception
- 12.00-1.00 pm Years 1 and 2
- 12.10-1.10 pm Years 3, 4, 5 and 6
The school day finishes at 3.20 pm . Gates open for parents at 3.10pm.
Reception parents should wait at the gate to the Reception area and children will be brought to you.
Children in Year 1 and 2 will be brought onto the playground and handed over to an adult. Adults should wait around the edge of the playground and step forward when you see your child.
Children in Years 3-6 will come out onto the playground independently and a member of the Senior Leadership Team will be available.
The school is open as usual today.
Should the School close for any reason, for example, in the case of extreme bad weather, the following procedures will be followed:
If the School must close prior to the start of a school day:
- Text: We will text all parents (Emergency Contact No 1) to advise of the closure so please ensure you keep the School Office informed of any changes to your mobile telephone number.
- Website: There will be an update posted on the School website, www.swanlandschool.co.uk under Key Info/The School Day and Notices.
- Telephone: There will be an emergency closure message on our telephone answer machine, directing parents to the website.
- Radio: As in past years, we will advise local radio stations of the closure and you will be able to hear those reports on the morning radio.
Should the School have to close early during the school day:
- Text: We will text all parents to advise of the closure (as above).
- Website: There will be an update posted on the school website www.swanlandschool.co.uk under Key Info/The School Day and Notices.
- Telephone: Should any children remain uncollected; we will endeavour to telephone any/all of your child’s contacts in order for him/her to be collected safely from school.
Where possible, we will endeavour to open the School and will risk assess how many children we can accommodate with staff numbers being taken into consideration. Priority will be given to the children of critical workers in the first instance. Should the School have to be closed for prolonged periods of time, remote learning will be offered via Microsoft Teams so please ensure you know your child’s log in details.